Saturday, February 20, 2010

Ideal Meal

Since my last entry was so damn serious, this one is just a list of everything I would eat each day if I had the money and wherewithal to compile it into my kitchen.

1. Life cereal, not the cinnamon kind.

2. Smoked salmon. They're all about it in Ireland, and god do I love Ireland now.

3. A pint of blueberries.

4. Boozeberries.

5. Nutella on anything,

6. Tomato bisque soup from Common Cup, the kind that has lots and lots of hashbrowns in it.

7. Mussels -- most particularly this kind I had when I was spectacularly toasted in Greece one night. I don't remember them that well, but I know that they were fabulous, up for grabs at this one woman's house, and also that I ate the whole plate.

8. Seven-layer white cake from Taste of Scandinavia, the kind that has jam and chocolate and bananas and ganache and cream in it.

9. Sea scallops with ginger and white wine. Every single time I have had scallops in a restaurant, they have been fabulous. Every time I try to make them at home, they suck and taste purely of fish. If I meet someone who can saute them properly, I will marry them.

10. Bread. I would eat bread for each meal, if only my body would let me. I suppose that Joey and I are quite similar in that way, although because he is six feet tall and a hundred and forty pounds, he can eat far more bread than I can, without similar consequences regarding his butt's growth.

11. Most importantly: watermelon, mango, and grapes. Christina Rossetti had it right when she wrote that poem. I would not have been able to resist the goblins tempting me with their luscious fruit, not in the slightest.


No comments:

Post a Comment