Sunday, March 21, 2010

I'm sorry, it's been a week. For all you know, blog, I might be dead, trampled by crowds of green-dressed revelers or thrown off a cliff by my father as we hiked by the sea. But no, I'm not dead, it's just that I haven't written recently because I've actually been doing things instead of spending my time in Europe trolling Facebook spying on people's lives! And it's wonderful!

Also, the guest house my family rented for the week turned out to not have Internet. So it's probably mostly that.

I was a little coy about it in my last post, but yes: the Hennens descended on Dublin last Saturday night, dazed and confused by the intricacies of the Irish freeway system. I caught the Aircoach to the airport (it was driven by a bunch of German kids with weird haircuts whose accents I couldn't understand and whose speech made no sense to me: since I'm going to Munich to LIVE in a week, I'm hoping it's just that they were Dutch, not that I can no longer understand a solitary German person who isn't Edith Borchardt) -- since the bus spent its time going down narrow alleyways clogged by too many cars to pick up people with giant suitcases, I was five minutes too late to meet my family dramatically as they walked out of the plane, and instead ran into the terminal, searched for their flight time, hoping it was delayed so my mother wouldn't worry that I hadn't turned up on time...

Then someone tapped me on the shoulder. "Hi," said Joe, looking far too tall, dressed entirely in black.

I didn't know what to do, so I punched him affectionately in the arm. "Little bro! How does it go!"

"Man, flying is hard. I got patted down by security at least two times."

"Well, you do look like a jihadi." He does, especially since he shaved his head.

My parents were at the rental car desk, signing things, and so it was awkward, I wasn't sure if I should run up behind them and hug them or wait or what -- plus it for whatever reason didn't seem entirely weird to see them there, gray and harried and lovely. Luckily my mother turned around, and so the problem was solved.

Ahh, blog terminal running out of time!

No comments:

Post a Comment