Monday, April 12, 2010

Fotoapparat

I don't know if I mentioned this adequately or not, but my flight for Germany necessitated that I wake up at 4:30 in the morning, leave my airport hotel, navigate baggage claim and an intricate security system, and leave the Irish nation before most of it has had coffee yet.

I am pretty sure, upon looking over previous blog entries, that I have. But I'm saying this now again because my fuzzy morning brain is the only plausible excuse for my somehow losing, along the way:

1 pair Wellington boots
1 pair tennis shoes
1 cloth case
1 digital camera
1 driver's license

The boots can be explained by my hasty baggage reshuffling necessitated by weight limits -- I threw the Wellies away in a trash can, both sadly and in a semi-panicked manner. But how did the shoes get lost? I figured it out later -- tragically, they were in the same plastic bag as the Wellies were, due to their similar levels of being covered in chicken shit. Damn.

But where did my camera go, along with its little baggie which for some reason contained my driver's license? (again, I packed hastily).

I called my hotel, and apparently I'd left it on the night stand. Great. They agreed to mail it to me, and I gave them the address for the program I'm in, and the guy wrote it down and agreed in a cheerful Irish manner to bill me for the cost of the shipping.

This will be more than I think it will, turns out, since they for some reason mailed it not to Germany but to MY ADDRESS IN THE USA.

"Did you... lose your camera?" my mother said mystified over text message yesterday. I literally facepalmed.

I've seen a lot of picture-worthy things here, but none will be photographed until next week sometime. It's a shame... the blooms are blooming, the tourists are coming, and we're going to the Alps today. Luckily my new German friend has allowed me to borrow his camera, and hopefully to finally make the facebook album I've been dreaming of making, titled "Springtime for Hitler".

No comments:

Post a Comment